View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 04:17 AM   #136
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury_rev
The Third Man and Leon....excellent

Have you seen Touch of Evil? Another great Orson film

Well, I finally got around to watching this tonight. Man, this thing is about as dark as it gets. Welles is a monster in this picture, and delivers a great performance. Good stuff from Heston as well.

However, something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe my expectations were built up too high from Citizen Kane and The Third Man, but Touch of Evil simply couldn't live up to those films.

Still, Welles remains a masterful director, and his photography in this film was brilliant. The opening crane shot of the film was one of the most amazing shots I've ever seen.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote