View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 06:23 AM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Shhh...don't tell the kids, spiral.

Nellie has always done whatever it would take to win. Always. No way he was going to beat those Boston, Philly, and LA teams on offense, so the Bucks played defense. No way he was going to beat Shaquille O'Neal on defense with Raef LaFrenz and Shawn Bradley, so he played offense.

Is this so hard to understand? To me, it's not.

You know, I find it funny looking back to see that in the '03 playoff run we spent well less than ten minutes a game without a center on the court. Oh, but Nellie, even if he had Shaq, wouldn't play him. Please.

And don't give me Patrick Ewing on the very down side of his career as a counter-example. Ewing was a dog.
Too true about the Shaq bit. Nellie would've had a FIELD DAY if he'd ever had the chance to coach Shaq, with Shaq's superb passing skills and all. I could just see him putting Shaq next to a forward with Walker-like passing skills and mid-range game and destroying everything in his path.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote