View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Enough, Doc. Your point is well taken. It was well taken many, many posts ago.

Look, you know that U2 is a good guy. You know that he does a good service volunteering his time to this board, to help keep the likes of Dues de Omini and those of his ilk from bugging the shit out of the rest of us. You also know that he is a good, long-time member of this board, and without long-time members like him or the rest of us this board would not be worth frequenting.

You also know that you are the mack-daddy around these parts. Everyone knows that one rep from you can swing their bar two or three numbers one way or the other. But that aside, everyone loves your contribution to the board in all the forums.

But enough. Enough. The point has been made, and I for one, would be very appreciative if you would drop this agenda against U2. I recognize that there may be some sort of bad blood between you two--and I can't say that I didn't enjoy watching you two battle it out in the last couple days--but I think we at d-m.com are better than this.

It was a fun fight, for us all to watch--you both had very good points on your side--but I think that now we all would prefer for you to be friends again and for us all to get back to watching Mavs basketball. I don't like your signature, because I like all you guys and I don't think there should be any fighting.

And just to gain some brotherhood with you, let them fucking censor this fucking shit. Feel me? Take this fucking word out of my post!

Point is, I highly enjoy it when we can direct a little bit of well-timed vitriol toward those like Deus who are highly deserving. But Doc, c'mon. You know that U2 only means well. I know you know that.

Apologies to anyone for inserting myself into this debate, but I really do think that it's gone on enough. As I said, Doc, you made your point. Would you do me a favor and let off the throttle a little bit? You know I was right behind you when you started that program to stand for others for premium memberships.

And speaking of that, what ever became of it? I never saw any other essay submissions besides the one I posted.

But anyway, this argument just needs to be put to rest. Both your sides are very well appreciated. And Doc, I can understand where you are coming from. I have heard from others in private messages, others who I think unfairly singled you out. Hey, some people have thin skin. But we don't have to have such thin skin, now do we? Let's be bigger people about it all.

And Doc, if you will agree to continue calling out fools when the situation warrants it, I will be happy to stand for yet another premium membership to this site, on your behalf. But only on the condition that you revert back to your good old sig from before. Is it possible for us to get back to where we were a few days ago?