View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #50
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman55
As a Pittsburgher, I am getting sick of people saying the refs handed the game to Seattle. Seattle still blew all their chances. Say, for instance, That Ben's run is ruled not a TD. What are the chances that Jerome Bettis, possibly the most consistent goal-line performer in the history of the NFL, fails to gain 1 inch on 4th down? Even if they didn't call Darrel Jackon's push on Chris Hope (which you're not allowed to do), that makes 7 points instead of 3. Big Deal.

It wasn't the officials' fault that Seattle gave up a 75 yd touchdown run. It wasn't the officials' fault that Hasselbeck threw that interception at the end of the game. It wasn't the officials' fault that the Seattle DB's had no idea where they were when Randle El scorched them with a perfect pass.

The point is, the officials did alter the outcome of the game, but didn't change it entirely. Seattle blew it for themselves.
Dude come on... The entire world outside of PA KNOWS that Seattle got hosed SEVERAL times by the refs... I would feel the same way you do if I was in your position, but you haven't a leg to stand on here... If you are trying to come up with some GIVE US RESPECT, WE JUST WON THE SUPERBOWL, you are barking up the wrong tree! Pittsburgh, (and please know that I am happy for Bettis and Cowher), may be the worst SuperBowl team in the last 20+ years and maybe had the worst SuperBowl winning performance ever! Do you think the 06 Steelers beat ANY of the teams that have won the last 20 superbowls? MAYBE the 91 Skins! Maybe! Hell, matter of fact, you guys couldn't have won against O'Donnell's 96 Steelers that lost to the Cowboys in SB30!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-06-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote