View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #58
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Dude come on... The entire world outside of PA KNOWS that Seattle got hosed SEVERAL times by the refs... I would feel the same way you do if I was in your position, but you haven't a leg to stand on here... If you are trying to come up with some GIVE US RESPECT, WE JUST WON THE SUPERBOWL, you are barking up the wrong tree! Pittsburgh, (and please know that I am happy for Bettis and Cowher), may be the worst SuperBowl team in the last 20+ years and maybe had the worst SuperBowl winning performance ever! Do you think the 06 Steelers beat ANY of the teams that have won the last 20 superbowls? MAYBE the 91 Skins! Maybe! Hell, matter of fact, you guys couldn't have won against O'Donnell's 96 Steelers that lost to the Cowboys in SB30!
On what premise do you base this? You're obviously flustered and upset.

But just be realistic: How could a #6-seeded team that took out the #1, #2, and #3 seeds in the AFC and the #1 seed in the NFC to win the Superbowl be the worst Superbowl team ever? Do you have any idea how much of a chance people were giving us to even get past Cincinnatti? Then let alone Indianapolis???

I admit, it wasn't a pretty win, but Steeler fans all knew from the beginning of week 13 (where we had to finish the season with 4 wins) that getting to the Superbowl by winning 7 straight games, let alone against teams like Indianapolis and Denver was going to be much harder than winning the Superbowl. Give us some credit. Honestly.

If the Super Bowl win didn't impress you, the rest of the games we played in the playoffs should.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote