View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 01:06 PM   #7
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< [i]the two paragraphs i highlighted were the ones i had issues with.

nash is clearly better than bibby. offensively much more explosive, and a better defender than most people think.

<< [i]

I basically agree. Bibby is a very steady, reliable point (the Sacramento boards seem to have taken to calling him 'the Bibbitron' as a compliment for his machine-like precision). Nash is brilliant and has owned the King's guards this year.

<< finley is also clearly better than christie. christie is an excellent defender and a nice player who fits in the kings scheme but he isnt nearly as clutch as finley or as explosive offensively. plus when finley actually wants to defend he can do a pretty good job. >>

Finley is a much bigger offensive threat than Christie. Christie is a much better defender than Finley. The matchup between them is really going to come down to whether Christie can pull Finley out of rhythm. It doesn't actually matter what Christie does to Finley's points, but if he can force Finley into taking bad shots, get him out of the gameflow the Mavs have established then he can disrupt our whole offense. As I said, I think the guy is underestimating Fin, but I also think its an arguable point, so I'm not surprised to read it here. Christie won't outscore Finley, nobody thinks that, but he may be able to cancel Finley out with his defense. And the games themselves will establish if that is true or not.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote