View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #53
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Care to explain? I tell you the term "overrated" is the most overly used word in professional sports. 90% of the time people don't even use it correctly.

I just don't understand how anyone can say the only coach in NBA HISTORY to take 6 different NBA teams to the playoffs should be considered overrated. Its not like he inherits playoff ready teams. He's one of the few coaches who actually leaves a contender and goes to a hell hole and turn them into a contender. I think he's met his match in New York though.
Larry "play the right way" Brown is widely regarded as the best basketball coach in the world by the typical fan. He did such a magnificient job at the Olympics in Athens (sarcasm). Sure, the team had some fundamental flaws, but have you looked at that roster? Let's be honest, most coaches would be able to win at any level with that type of talent. His stubborness and his arrogance was the root of the team's failure and it was truly an embarassment that American basketball followers, like myself, had to experience. He makes over 10 million dollars a year on a team who has just lost 16 of their last 17 games. His only NBA Championship came when he inherited an already contending team from Rick Carlisle. He also inherited a steal in Rasheed Wallce because of Joe Dumars's savvy as GM. How are the Pistons doing without him? That, to me, is considered being overrated.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 02-17-2006 at 03:52 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote