View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #62
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, murph...

i actually thought the dunk contest was more entertaining this year than it has been in years.

3-ball absolutely needs to go. that is HORRIBLE.

skills competition is ok. nothing special.

dirno, i am with you on smith's dunk. i was thinking the same thing watching last night. a two-handed dunk from the free-throw line (i think he double-clutched it, too) is VERY impressive. he just made a HUGE mistake with the tape. it made no sense, and set expectations for something else. but that shouldn't take away from the dunk he actually did. a 41? comical.

as for nate vs. the birdman... the difference is that nate actually had the crowd behind him, anderson didn't, so birdman's continuous attempts were comedic. nate's continuous attempts actually showed how good of an athlete he is. that has got to be tiring.

plus, even when nate missed, you could tell from the attempt that the dunk would be good if he made it. just like AI's sick behind-the-backboard dunk. you knew what he was doing before he actually completed it. with anderson, the dunk he was attempting didn't look like it would be good, so the crow had loooooooooooow expectations.

anyone that remotely follows college basketball should know james white, by the way.

I would hope all the winners of these things would donate the prize to charity. if anyone hears what dirk donates to, let me know.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-19-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote