View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Winwall

Winwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the rough
Default All-Star Weekend from a german's point of view

Fortunately we germans were able to watch the All-Star weekend on TV. Usually we dont get to watch a lot of NBA basketball. The german pay-tv channel 'Premiere' was broadcasting live from Houston. Let me say that I'm glad that at least one channel in Germany is willing to show such a great event.
But 'Premiere' should send a different team of commentators to the next All-Star game... I know most of the guys on this board have a problem with Charles and his TNT crew ... even though they might be wrong and talk bullshit most of the time .... they are entertaining and fun to watch. Boy ... our german crew was like a sleeping pill. It was already difficult to watch the All-Star weekend since all the events took place during night time in Germany. (2:30 am) But those german commentators made it even more difficult to watch. Very lame and boring style of commentating such a great event. Even Thomas Gottschalk (a very popular german entertainer), who was guest-commentating the dunking event, took a subtle jab at the 'Premiere' guy, who was so boring to listen too. They should try to make it more colorful and entertaining and not so dull. Luckily Premiere also broadcasts the american audio channel so I was able to listen the orginal audio channel of TNT.

I don't know if they were not aware of it, but we were able to hear those tnt commentators talk during commercial breaks. Everytime it seems TNT was having a commercial break, we were able to see some random NBA videos, but also we were able to listen to all the TNT guys talk during the TNT commercials!
We were able to hear them talk about private stuff, preparing for the next segments and also making fun of cheerleaders for example. Very entertaining. lol I'm not sure how they could not be aware of that ... well, i found it very intersting and insightful. it was like a 'behind the scenes' featurette
Winwall is offline   Reply With Quote