View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #69
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescx
When he was talking about the "Vanilla Towers" did Van Horns future with the team come up?
He said that Van Horn's contract would be something teams would be interested in, but it's SO big you'd have to take back some sort of bad contract with it. He also said that Van Horn is already exactley what they need from that position, and he's not sure that there is another out there that can fill the role like that.

He didn't say anything about beyond this season, but it certainly looks like KVH is here for the duration of this season.

He also mentioned that in year's past it would have been a no brainer to move Van Horn, because in their previous system it was all about acquiring talent. But with Avery here, they've shifted to the system approach, and they want pieces that fit that system.

To try to fill in some of the info for GMan:

They talked tech stuff with him for the first several minutes. After that they discussed Cuban's stance on the All-Star game, and he stood firm on not holding one at the AAC under the current rules. Said Houston only got 600 lower bowl tickets and 1,800 upper level tickets to disburse, and that wouldn't cut it for his 14,000+ season ticket holder base.

They asked him who the MVP favorite was in his mind, and he said if the finish anywhere close to #1, it has to be Dirk, because he was the only All-Star from the Mavs. All the other elite teams had at least two.

That's about all I can remember right now. If I remember somthing else I'll edit it in.

BTW, for anyone that uses ITunes, the Cuban interview can be found in the Bad Radio Podcast section. Just search for KTCK in the podcasts and you should see the BaD Radio Podcast. Cuban's interview is their most recent addition. I would expect the Dirk interview to be posted soon as well.

Edit: Well I just gave the podcast a listen, and it's not actually the whole interview. It's just about the All Star game stance.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-23-2006 at 09:02 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote