View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading a couple of weeks back that Jay Williams held some low key workouts with a couple of teams in late January or early February, but for unspecified reasons nothing came of them. If I remember correctly, Golden State, Minnesota, and Miami were all mentioned as teams that were interested in him, so I wouldn't be surprised if any one of those teams might take another look at him this Summer (and I hope that if he wasn't physically 100% or looked really rusty in any of his rumored workouts, another few months of hard work might be able to place him in better stead next time)...

Additionally, I think it is absolutely imperative that the braintrust re-sign JET this Summer, but if disaster strikes, and some other team offers Terry a much bigger deal than Cuban is willing to swallow (this might well happen if Terry goes as crazy in the playoffs as I think he might), then if the Artist Formerly Known as Jason has regained even 70-80% of his old Dukie form, then he might serve as a perfect band-aid for our Mavs. Back when the guy was tearing things up for Duke, he was always a shoot-first point guard whose quick release, potent jumper, and uncanny ability to cut into the lane made him a horrible hand-full for other teams to guard, and in that sense, I would think that if he was healthy, he might be able to fill a similar role on our Mavs to the one Terry currently plays...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-25-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote