View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #95
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If you don't think Cassell played a major role in the Houston Championships then you simply weren't watching.....

Cassell's undermanned Milwaukee team almost took out the Pacers in the '99-'00 season, the same Pacers that rolled to the Finals after that series. Cassell turned Garnett into an MVP and took the Wolves to the Conference Finals two years ago. Cassell was aquired by the Clips, and, with very few other changes, AND NO COREY MAGGETTE, they're having their best season in 15 years.

How is this all coincidence?
You bet your ass I watched the Rockets win those titles. He played a role, no doubt. But I think you're nuts if you think Cassell "turned Garnett into an MVP" Garnett played the same that year as he does every year. The team was just better that year. And yes, Sam was a big part of that, but I hardly think that it HE "took" the Wolves to the WCF. That was Garnett. Cassell was there last season was he not? And what did the Wolves do?

The Clips? He's had a positive impact no doubt.

But that's just the way he seems to do things. He's like Larry Brown. He comes in, has a positive impact initially, but then he wears out his welcome and forces his team to trade him because they just can't stand him anymore.

Arne; If you don't think he has baggage, you're kidding yourself. He's just too damn arrogant. Dude hit the nail on the head. Why the hell does he keep getting moved?

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-26-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote