Thread: kvh?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 AM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I guess KVH would be good to replace Boozer after they ship him out of town...he'd be a decent fit beside Okur if they were intent on playing Okur at center. I don't see them paying big bucks, however, if they plan on having Ostertag/Collins play center and slot KVH in behind Okur at PF.

Okur
KVH
Kirilenko
Giricek/Harpring
Williams

Not a bad team, they need a consistent PG (maybe Williams can give them that). That said, I'd really like for us to have KVH come back (at the right price).

dude1394 said this a while back, I think it encapsulates KVH's worth to the Mavs:

Quote:
Just think about how the mavs have constructed their team. They have acquired two primarily defenisive minded centers and a small forward that plays almost like a power forward in some respects, rebounding and defending.

In other words they have surrounded dirk with stronger defensive characters for a reason. To then swap dirk out for another defensive player imo would be a mistake. You really would rather have a player that is a little more of a scorer so that the team doesn't have to change considerably when dirk goes out.

I think KVH is perfect. A player who also has some offensive skills imo needs to be dirk's backup.

Last edited by orangedays; 02-27-2006 at 02:37 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote