View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #60
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I think you are right MFFL. Islam just doesn't allow competing religions to exist. There will be clashes wherever islam and non-islam meet. It's happened for 60 years in the middle-east with Israel and is happening everywhere else islam comes in contact with another religion.

I think it will probably be a very long term low-intensity deal until and unless Iran gives someone a nuke. Then there is going to be some heck to pay.

Israel is a special case - remember, that land was Muslim-occupied for almost a millenia, how would you feel if the U.S. Government moved you off your property (that had been in your family for generations) because some Native Americans had 'original claim' to it? And then, you were forced to live in a refugee camp where there were minimal sanitary facilities, no running water, your children had to go to school in make-shift tents AND every single day when you went to work, you were subjected to taunting and hate-mongering as you waited at gates which separated Israeli-occupied territory and your land (the best example I can think of is from "The Pianist", basically any scene where Jews were crossing into and out of the ghettos under the watch of Nazi soldiers).

Last edited by orangedays; 03-02-2006 at 09:47 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote