View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
I agree in a large way kg, almost ALL of the politicos who have taken an adversarial position on the port sale are doing so to pander to the anti-arab sentiment that is an undercurrent of the public's opinion. Hillary is no different.

I do expect that Hillary, and several others who have been against the port deal, to change their positions as this unfolds.
I do too, and she'll do it in such a way that makes her look like she "rushed to defend our national security" and at the same time is "tolerant of other cultures and religions." Or somesuch.

Only folks like Gaffney, Savage, Malkin, etc. are true believers in the position that the ports deal is wrong. And I give them credit for that. They aren't taking a politically expedient position. They're speaking from their heart and saying what they truly believe.