Thread: Concerns
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2001, 11:44 AM   #18
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I think you and I see eye to eye Mavs fan. You expressed my exact sentiments on Dirk. I think also he's going through the same phase Finley went through at one point. He's established the ability to drain the three point shot, now he's becoming a predominantly three point shooter. I said the same thing last night when I realized half of his shots were three pointers. THAT'S why it seems like he's not getting he share of shots.

Personally I think he and Finley should take no more than five a game. I think Dirk needs to work the low post more also. If you look at every game he scores a lot of points, it's because he's working the mid range game too and driving. That's why he leads the team in free throws taken, however he has taken very few trips the past two games.

That's my problem with both Dirk and Fin, when they're games aren't going well they do the exact opposite of what they should do, they try to drain the three instead of taking it to the basket to go to the free throw line. I hear you about Juwan too, the only thing though is over the past five or six games, he has been the most consistent from the field. I see what the philosophy is. It's the Bill Cartwright philosophy, get him going early, get him happy and he'll do other things. That way later in the game, Fin and Dirk can do their thing. When he's not in the game in the beginning, you mine as well put Najera in the game, because Juwan get's frustrated. That was the knock on him in DC.

I don't know what to say about Nash except for the fact he needs to get healthy. If that is the reason he has been playing so poor lately.