Thread: Concerns
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2001, 12:36 PM   #21
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well for starters, did you hear me say Dirk shouldn't take the open three? No you didn't, however you're trying to tell me he took SEVEN open three pointers lastnight and could only hit three of them? Chances are if he took seven open three pointers he would have made atleast five of them, because he is a good three point shooter. I was saying that BOTH Dirk and Fin needs to drive more, I'm not disagreeing with you when you say Fin needs to because it's the truth.

The Howard thing, I guess I'm different on that one. I don't care if they go to him early in the game because I look at it almost like they're just giving a dog a bone. Give him his shots early, and then let Fin and Dirk take over. I will agree with you again that he does need to play better defense and get his ass on the boards. I include him when I say that the post defense needs to improve. That means, him, Bradley and Booth!!!! Last night was unacceptable IMO.

There you go again with the Finley not passing to Dirk. Let me tell you why you're SO wrong about that. What you're telling me is before Juwan, Finley passed to everyone else but Dirk. Except the problem with that is, Fin is the second leading scorer only to Dirk on the team. So how in the HELL can you explain the guy who is second on the team in assists also refuses to give the ball to the leading scorer on the team. When the ball is not in Dirk or Nash's hand that means it's in Fin's hands. He's not the leading scorer on the team, which means he probably passes the ball every now and then.(I'm saying this sarcastically) So when he passes the ball, there is a STRONG and I mean STRONG possibility he's passing it often to Dirk!!!! Other people were not scoring enough for him to have as many assist as he's had that he could have been "freezing" Dirk out. That makes no sense. There would be MANY other high scorers on the team if that's the case. Or there would be many other shots going up from other players. So you need to leave that alone all ready!