View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #101
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so conflicted. Once Keyshawn was gone I knew we needed T.O., but now that it is happening, I feel slightly sick. All I know is we better have our success early, because this WILL end badly at some point, it's simply a question of when.

BTW, IMO the three year deal is good, depending on how it's laid out. People have to remember, this is football, not baseball. A one year contract is completely in favor of the player. They can have a great year, and can then shop themselves around. With a three year deal, you have control for three years, but you can still cut them if they don't produce or act up.

Now, depending on the bonus structure it may cost you a little money, but would you really want to take this risk for this season, have T.O. turn in an MVP performance, and then have no control over him next year? No way.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote