View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Artest=the best defender in the league.

Sacramento was one of the worst defensive teams. And Abdur-Rahim and Miller not in the line up at the same time is certainly not the main reason why they are better now. It's Artest. Artest, Artest, Artest.
Artest is the main reason for their improvement, yes, but SAR and Miller being in the starting lineup was a recipe for disaster, and I knew it. While all the moronic sports writers around the country were telling us that the Kings were back in the hunt because they signed SAR, and I knew that Sacramento was going to suck this year, for that exact reason. SAR being taken out of the starting lineup might not be the "main" reason for their improvement, but it's definitely a big one.

Also, I think the mere psycholigical impact of Artest's presense has been at least as valuble to them as his tough defense. The Kings were dead in the water, and the fans knew it. When they brought in Artest it was a breath of fresh air, a ray of hope. It gave the team and the fans a huge boost in morale and they responded accordingly.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-20-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote