View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #211
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I watched Do the Right Thing last night. This is a movie that portrays race relations/racial tensions in a way that Crash could only dream of.

I also went to the theater to see V for Vendetta. It was pretty enjoyable. I would put it along side the first Matrix in terms of quality. It's still a popcorn flick, but it has a bit more going for it than that. Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving nailed their roles, and their was a really good story going on.

Faults: The Chancellor was waaaay to evil. Hollywood still refuses to give credit to viewer intelligence, and has to spell everything out. There are ways to make villains villainous without making them seem like the devil incarnate. Some of the flashback narratives were also a bit annoying. Overall, a good film, I'd reccomend it.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote