View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 12:17 AM   #6
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Jordan worked on his 3pt-shot. Did he really get that much better? No. And Jordan was someone who worked hard every practise.

So I think it's a bit unfair to judge someone just by watching his shot. Just look at Parker.
True, Jordan never did become a great 3pt shooter but his midrange game became dominant thru his had work and he diversified his game. So there was improvement in shooting even if he didn't become a great 3pt shooter (bringing the line in did help of course). MJ is kind of a tough example though being the best or one of the best ever... tough standard to have when talking about Darius Miles of all people.

That being said I always think about two great centers - Hakeem and Shaq. Hakeem was a pretty bad FT shooter coming in but improved to be a very respectable FT shooter - mid 70's I believe. Shaq on the other hand hasn't even sniffed 60% most of the time much less 70%.

**(off the top of my head, players like Kenyon Martin, Bobby Simmons, Bonzi Wells, Quentin Richardson).**

hmmmm, didn't Bobby Simmons win most improved last year? sure his numbers are down some but i didn't think anyone was expecting him to become elite all of a sudden.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote