View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 04:42 AM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Dtown, apparently you didn't read my post. There's no kneejerking here. I've ALWAYS thought he was overrated. He's an egocentric jerkoff. Sure, he's a good coach, and he'll win you some games, but he always, and I do mean ALWAYS alienates his players and eventually the organization and forces them to go another way. Good coaches can win some games, but great coaches can get the best out of their star players, no matter how selfish or hot-headed they are. Don Nelson got the best out of Latrell Sprewell. I doubt Larry Brown could do the same. Phil Jackson (as much as I hate him) can massage even the biggest of egos and get the absolute best out of any situation possible.

Honestly, do you think Larry Brown could've kept Kobe and Shaq together for 8 years and 3 championships. I sure as hell don't. He probably would've gotten one or two good seasons out of them, and then bitched his way out of the job just like he's done everywhere else, as he is right now.

Good coach? Sure. Genius? Hell no. Overrated? You bet your ass.
I wasn't saying you were knee jerking. I was referring to the media and this article. The media is all on his ass when he was winning championships and now he struggles with the Knicks and now their knee-jerking. I gotta disagree with you about not getting the best out of his players. That 6ers team made it to the Finals because they overachieved. From Aaron Mckie to Raja Bell to Tyronn Lue they all overachieved. Whether it was because of Larry Brown I don't know but it says a lot that he took that 6ers team to the NBA Finals. Even in the east.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote