View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
yes, the moshiach is who will reestablish israel. and also the construction of the third temple.

so unless you can show the moshiach, the establishment of israel wasn't done in the ordained manner.
Are you looking at this from a Judaistic point of view or a Christian point of view?

Certainly, Christians view Jesus as the Messiah (or Moshiach), and we know that Jesus said, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." (John 2:19) Of course, he WAS the temple. Also, the New Testament teaches that Christians are the temple of God where his Holy Spirit resides.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you don't look at things from a Christian point of view, I can see how you would think that prophecy hasn't been fulfilled.

Quote:
thus it's "absurd" and "non-sensical" to proclaim god's protection for israel, as israel wasn't established as god said it would.

talk about "man" all you want, throw out "His will", that's all smoke. was israel established as per god's direction or not?

It's already been answered. you just can't get it.
Again, it doesn't appear to me that you're looking at things from a Christian point of view.

I think what Doc is suggesting is that nations that oppose Israel will ultimately be destroyed. That's straight out of the book of Revelation.