View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 05:58 AM   #387
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I don't think the "poor team play"--if that's even how it's construed by the voters, all things considered--will play much of a factor, other than to prevent the trump card that the best record in the West (or better yet, the league as a whole) would have been.

Dirk's individual play of late certainly helps, but remember that he's not the only one. Lebron James is playing out of this universe of late, so if extra credit is given to closers then he's in the mix. Billups has had strong performances of late, including one-upping both Terry and Nash in recent games. I don't follow Wade all that closely, but I'm hearing a lot of buzz about him, too. And--gah--there's that hot little stretch Kobe is on.

I would not be surprised for this year's MP3 race to be the most...oh, how to describe it...diluted (?) race in quite a while. I expect the votes to be pretty spread out. It might even be the year that a Tony Parker could sneak in. I wouldn't be plussed if any of the following won: Dirk, Nash, Kobe, Lebron, Billups, Wade, Parker. I'd be slightly plussed if Marion won, but I would understand.
The way I see it, it's between Nash, Dirk and Billups. (Same as it's been all year) Billups had fallen off the radar for a while, but it seems he's making a comeback. Seeing as how Detroit will almost certainly finish with the best record, I wouldn't be at all surprised. Nash has a case simply because the Suns will win their division and because of the stupid seeding rule. Dirk still has a very strong case, but the award almost never goes to a player whose team doensn't win their division. However, taking the ungodly injury problems this team has endured over the past month, I could easily see Dirk being the first guy since Moses Malone to do so.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote