View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #58
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I don't remember Artest gingerly walking up in the stands and asking the guy if he threw a beer, then casually patting the gentleman on the arm. I seem to remember him lying on his back, a beer hitting him, then ARtest, like a drunken fan, running, RUNNING, into the stands wildly going after a guy who didn't even throw the beer and punching him. He shoulld have been kciked out of the league. Stephen Jackson also should have been suspended for the rest of the year.
If you look at the replay of the incident, if the man actually threw the beer, there would be no beer in the cup to get ARtest wet because of the distance the cup would have traveled. The man was just laughing unctrolably at the WOMAN that was behind him who threw the beer. Go back and look at it again. The man was attacked for basically laughing at Artest. He will never be cut any slack on my part for the actions he took that night in Detroit.
You are the perfect exemple for the media's influence on us. Artest DIDN'T PUNCH THE GUY. He basically got suspended for a whole season because he grabbed someone from the stands and asked him a couple of times if he threw that beer.

Like jthig said, Jackson should have been suspended for the longest time and I found it pretty cool actually that O'neal beat that little punk down, after he came on the court looking for trouble although noone ever attacked him.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote