View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Great game. Avery had the boys ready. The mental toughness was incredible down the stretch. That is very impressive heading into the playoffs where it is extremely important.

Dirk was phenomenal!! What else can you say other than MVP.

Howard carried us big time when we were hurting in the first half. His penetration really hurt the spurs. The midrange floater was a thing of beauty tonight.

Terry did a great job with Parker. He didn't get in the lane as much as he usually does against us. Good help defense was a mainstay last night.

I was very disappointed in Stack. He has become my whipping boy over the last several weeks. He fails to close out on perimeter shooters. He doesn't block out on rebounding. He has too many turnovers every game. He doesn't play smart ball. He forces his shot way too much. He settles for outside jumpers when his outside shot isn't falling. I would rather see Dirk or Terry shoot from a double team than have stack shoot period. Part of the problem might be that the officials are not letting Stack get to the free throw line as much as they have in past years. They tend to call charges way too much on him. But, that said, he is still this year's employee #8 to me.

Speaking of not getting any calls, Marquis is an offensive foul magnet for the refs. I think it is actually starting to affect his confidence when operating in the paint, which used to be where he shines. He is a much better player than he has been showing, and I would rather him be playing than Stack.

Damp seems to be moving much better in the paint covering whoever is penetrating with some quick feet. Although his rebounding could have been better, he is looking very good going into the playoffs.

Overall, a spectacular win in a very tough arena to win in. It is great to see the mavs come up BIG in a big game, inspiring confidence as we head toward the title!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.

Last edited by Mavs Rule; 04-08-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote