View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm not saying the Suns scare me, in the sense that I think we'd be lucky to beat them. I just think to myself: if the Mavs don't make it to and through the Finals this year, what will be the reason why? If I am assuming full health, it's got to be down to one of two things: someone was better, or someone played better.

With the Mavs at full health, I don't think anyone is better. But Phoenix worries me because D'Antoni mucks up the game. He changes it into something you aren't used to. He insists that the contest be played on his terms. And I'm just not sure that Johnson is comfortable in that setting yet.

But still and all, as I said, that's a much lesser concern than Detroit. Murph, you are right, now that I think about it, that Detroit was hitting at an unreal clip in order to keep that game close. I don't have any fully formed opinions yet on how the Mavs match up with the Pistons, because I haven't seen them play each other enough. You may well be right, though.

Obviously without Amare the Suns are a different team, and for that matter even with Amare they would be a different team than they were last year. But they do still have Nash and Marion, and for that reason I'm inclined to remember last year's meeting and still worry somewhat--at least more than I worry about the Spurs.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote