Thread: Spurs vs Grizz
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
didn't gilmore play for the kentucky aba team?

found this:

The ABA's Memphis franchise was first located in New Orleans, as the Buccaneers. In 1970, the franchise packed up, moved to Memphis and chose the name "Pros." When the national media questioned the nickname, team officials had a dubious explanation. To save costs, the team had decided to use the New Orleans uniforms left over from the year before. Those uniforms had the word "Bucs" sewn on the front. After removing the word "Bucs", a simple four-letter "replacement" nickname was necessary. Apparently, the team could not think of any better candidate than "Pros." Of course, in the world of the ABA, once "Pros" was placed on the recycled uniforms, it was too expensive to change.

The Pros had players like Steve "Snapper" Jones , Gerald Govan, Jimmy Jones, and Wendell Ladner and a coach Babe McCarthy.

Good grief...my memory must be pretty hazy. I must have watched those guys beat the heck out of my pros/tams.

sheesh...old age can be a drag!.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote