View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I’m saying 1 is going to destroy 8...I don’t think that’s going out on much of a limb. When Denver upset the Sonics, they were a young team that had never accomplished anything in the playoffs. Besides the seed, I don’t see any connection between them and a team that has two titles under it’s belt. I know Duncan and Manu are hurting but they’ve been hurting most of the year and they’re going to win 62 or 63 games.

Plus the kings and the lakers aren’t very good. The LA has only two players that I’d want on my team. And when you get passed the Ron Artest hype the Kings still can’t rebound or defend and they have Artest bogging down the offense because he thinks that he should be the focal point.
The titles have absolutely no bearing. If anything, it could give an edge to the team that hasn't been there before, versus the team that has. But you do make a good point about the 62 or 63 games. Perhaps I overestimate the Kings or Lakers, but I firmly believe that Spurs don't make it out of Round One this year. That is, if the opponent is able to give them a seroius battle. Obviously, the bets are off if the opponent lays down and dies. But I think the Spurs go out in the first round this year.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote