View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblehblah
I'm pointing out to you how ridiculous it is for you to argue that Lebron isnt "there yet." To argue that Lebron hasnt reach a level worthy of MVP consideration is silly this year as his level of play and numbers are excellent. For you to then argue he isnt "there yet" because his team is the 7th best in the league is also ridiculous as I pointed out that Hakeem's team in 95 the tenth best record went on to win the title. If you want further evidence to why my point that your contention that Lebron level of play isnt "there yet" becuase his team is the 7th best in the league... guess where Jordan's 88 Bull's rank was in the league with their 50 wins that year. O and Jordan did win the MVP that year... by your logic Jordan wasnt "there yet" either lol.
Beats me dude...My take would be that he shouldn't have won it that year then. I see no way that a guy who's team is 7th in the league deserves the MVP...period. You can use Jordan as an outlier to try and make your point but I don't buy it. Now unfortunately since the media is hyping bron-bron (like they did jordan) he'll probably get it but he's not deserving yet.

There are 6 more teams that are better and that have more deserving MVP caliber players on them.

Billups, Wade, Parker, Nash.. Nash is an outlier to me since his team isn't winning as much.

Not to mention that the Mavs are going for their best record in franchise history while Dirk has lost the MVP one year and Finley the next and STILL have brought his team to their best record. THAT's my point.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-12-2006 at 10:26 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote