View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Simmons is a good writer..but, I just don't think he's a good basketball mind.
I think he's about as informed as it gets on the NBA at ESPN.com, outside of Hollinger. He sometimes will throw stuff out to see if it sticks, and he admittedly takes the stance of a basketball fan, not expert, but I think he's pretty spot on a lot of the time.

More so than most ESPN.com columnists anyway, although that may not be saying much.

He and Hollinger and Sheridan were the only guys to have the Mavs as the second best team in the West this year.

That whole article is really good. I like how he included Chris Paul on the ballot. He doesn't deserve to be THE MVP, but he definitely deserves some votes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote