View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

The problems I have with this MVP balloting is when its done and the criteria's. Everyone says in order to be MVP you have to make your teammates better. I just don't see anyone fitting that categorie in the NBA period. You can make a argument for Nash but you can also argue that his teammates are better because of the system they play in. Playing alongside a superstar can benefit a player's game but I honestly never felt Jordan made Pippen or Dennis Rodman any better than they were. It helped playing alongside him but as far as what they brought to the court they could've done it with out him.

If you're going to vote for MVP before the post season begins than Kobe is a candidate. I have no problem with what Simmons is saying. I'm sure if Kobe had a better supporting cast his team would be a lot better than the 7th or 8th seed. He's playing alongside a potential all star in Lamar Odom but there games do not compliment each other at all. In order for both of them to play a their highest they both need to have the ball and that's not possible.

I don't get why Simmons thinks Nash was the cute decision last year but doesn't think much of him this year. Last year was debatable. This year he's playing without one of the most dominant big men in the game.

Bron's another guy who deserves props. Played all season without his starting 2 guard and the 2nd best player on the team. Not to mention his stats are unreal.

I pretty much agree with his position on Dirk. I have Nash and 'Bron ahead of Dirk. I just can't sit with Kobe being the MVP. Not being the #1 candidate. He had one of the best seasons i've ever witnessed from a player but factoring in all the criteria's his season hasn't been as good as Dirk, Bron's or Nash's. Or hell even Brand or Billup's.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote