View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
I disagree... the problem is certainly not Dirk's slow passing! I believe, he's no worse at passing than any big man that gets doubled consistently. It's just that we don't have any consistent deep-threats outside of Terry and any consistent cutters to the basket who can catch & finish outside of Josh. With KVH & Devin being out, it hurts us all the more in that aspect.
Duncan and KG are much quicker and more accurate... Dirk still seems a bit stund he gets double teamed.
I think Duncan is used to it more,he got double teamed through his entire career while Dirk's post game is something he started developing not so long ago.A few years ago you could even say Dirk's entire game was perimeter offense.
Dirk has the work ethic and passing potential to be a good overall passer,not just out of a double team.It just recently became an issue,so i think in a year or two he'll be much more of a complete player down low.

In regards to Dallas guards not responding quickly enough,i think Terry,Josh and Stack are more than enough... Its a threesome 95 % of the league would have love to have dangering the 3 ball and penetration.
Terry is more of a jump shooter,but stackhouse is an amazing slasher and Josh is becoming just too much too for anybody to handle.A 3pt threat with a quick first step,a spring finish,and a jump shot\floater. Josh is becoming simply unstopable.I'm pretty sure he'll be our second all-star next year.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote