View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 03:26 AM   #17
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I like seeing him wait for the double-team pass out. I think in the past he made it TOO fast, before the double-team was completely committed and his other teammate had a chance to cut, move etc.

This year I like seeing him be more patient, there isn't a big hurrying imo. If doesn't lose the ball then being patient will get a better shot it seems to me.
Because Dirk sets up farther out than Duncan and most guys who draw the double team, it comes to him later. A lot of teams don't run the 2nd defender at him until he makes his move. They like to slap at the ball when he's turning into the lane. He's getting better at handling it, but his DT looks different than Duncan, who is such a quick score threat, the double comes to him as soon as he touches the ball.