View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 AM   #18
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
B) Dirk and josh best combo in the nba next year? I love dirk. He is my favorite player. Josh is my 3rd favorite player but how in the heck do you think they will be the best duo in the nba? If you mean best forward pairing i might go for that. If (and this is what best duo would actually mean) the best 2 man combo in the league you are nuts. Off the top of my head,
LBJ, Hughes
Shaq, Wade(number 1 as of now imo)
Tmac, Yao(close second and might even have caught the above group if both are healthy)
Kobe, Lamar Odom(i think dirk is better than kobe but odom is better than josh so they are about even)
Nash, marion(not even including amare)

One or maybe two of those are questionable but there is just no way that josh becomes good enough in one year to catch the other teams second best player.
By next year is a stretch,but by 2-3 years seems very reasonable.. And change it to duo , that's suppose to be obvious.

Well,Josh IS better than Odom,and i think it'll show by next year when Josh is logging more 40 minute games and shoots more.And Dirk isn't better than Kobe.
Larry Hughes???with 15 points a game on 40 percent??you gotta love Josh more than..
By next year i think Dirk and Josh will put up more points than Nash and Marion,but we all know Nash' contribution isn't based on points... But still,in my opinion the MVP and Josh will be combining for 50 points in 2 years.
Shaq will probably be dead or retired in 2 years,his declining is too evident and he became injury prone.
TMac and Yao is a different story,they'll be a mean duo for years to come.
I guess i just have alot of faith in Josh,by how the man plays he'll be averaging 23-24 PPG +8-9 RPG per game in 2-3 years.... That's almost Dirks numbers.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote