View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #10
Triple T's

Triple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I've been away from the board for a bit, so maybe I missed some position taking, but is the complaint that Avery does want to win a championship this year, or that he wants to win one next year, and will want to win one the year after that?
I don’t really see anything wrong with what he said. obviously its important for the coach to address the present needs of the team and its fans, by putting together a product that is capable of winning a championship, but also at the same time, he has to look down the line and see where this collection of talent is headed. yes he says it’s the first year of implementing a new system, but who here doesn’t believe that? This team isn’t close to the efficiency its needs to have offensively and defensively. think back to when SA won those championships with pop. yes, he had good talent around Duncan, but not great. yet he knew that it was a small segment of a long process. we shouldn’t be content with what we’ve got if we know that were capable of much better things beyond this year. he just reminding us of the fact that this team will be even better in the years to come! and that is great news.

"I am a enforcer man! Don’t nothin go down in my house! It's 100 percent heart baby! Sure I jack a few fools. I give em tha pain! But sometimes its about intimidation you know, its mind games…."
-Terry Tate
Triple T's is offline   Reply With Quote