View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #39
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Here's the deal, Spiral. EVERY team in the NBA is loaded with young, athletic, offensively talented players. It's the pro league, dude. You don't get there without having the goods. But that doesn't guarantee you success within the league. To have success within the league, it requires extraordinary players who transcend the high level of talent that everyone else has.
Bull honkey. No team had anywhere near as much raw offensive firepower as the Suns.

Quote:
Nash's teams always play well together. His Mavericks teams did, and his Suns teams do. If you like you can continue looking for other reasons those teams had such tremendous success. Or you can just accept it, and grant that Nash is the straw that stirs the drinks.
"Straw that stirs the drinks" for the Suns? Absolutely. Most Valuble Player in the NBA? No.

Quote:
One other thing. The Suns were in NO WAY "slaughtered" at the hands of the Spurs. You did watch that series, right? (I'm sure that you did.) The Suns were either leading, tied, or within a basket in the final two minutes of every game in that series, save one. Trust me, with different bounces it could have gone the other way.
The exact same can be said of the Mavs/Kings in 04. Didn't three of those 5 games go down to the last possession? Or was it four? I don't remember. But regardless, the Kings won that series 4-1. The Mavs got slaughtered. Same goes for the Suns last year.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote