View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #63
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

That signing was ridiculed by everyone at the time. I will give phoenix props. They did a great job identifying the perfect player for their system and then doing everything possible to get him. The only problem is that we dont run their system. Their is no reason to suspect that we would have started running it and honestly even if we had, we didnt have the athletes to do so(we have the athletes but not the shooters now) I love steve nash. He is my second favorite non maverick. I give off the impression of being a nash hater because i do think he has become possibly the most overrated player in the nba. That is not the case. I love watching him play. I wish him the best except when he plays the mavs. The problem is there is no feasible objective argument for him as mvp. There was one last year because his team had the best record. Whoever is considered the mvp of the best team always has an argument because that is in and of itself an argument. Honestly i didnt think he should have won it last year but if he wins it this year it will be the worst selection in nba history. Yes HE is having a better year than HE had last year but he didnt win the mvp because of the year he had last year. He won it because of the year the SUNS had and the SUNS arent having as good a year as they had last year. Some people say Nash should win it because he is having a better year than he had last year. That is true. The only problem is there were at least 10 guys who had a better year than steve did last year, last year. Essentially the arguments that led to his being mvp last year preclude him from mvp this year.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote