View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how you can be too critical of his job at Florida Atlantic. This was a team that won 65 games in the prior 8 seasons that Doherty was there (that's about 8 wins a season for those lazy to do the math). He put up a very respectable 15-13 record while he was there. That's certainly an improvement no matter how you slice it. Doherty is a tireless workers who will land some decent players at SMU.

I understand the complaint about him bolting if given the chance. But it's worth it if he leaves SMU in a better spot than when he came (which I can see happening considering the lackluster state it is in right now).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote