View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #10
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Mavdog, the point with the record is that his team did show improvement. I tend to think Doherty's stay at SMU will be longer than 1 year just because they have much more name recognition than Florida Atlantic does. I'm not saying that Doherty is going to make Dallas his home or anything, but I think he has found a spot that he can build on a little bit. Florida Atlantic was just too small for Doh.

Like Kiki, I think Doherty's name recognition will make up for his lack of in-state familiarity. Not to mention, he's tireless on the recruiting trail with a good eye for talent. He managed to find Raymond Felton before Felton blew up big nationally and get in on that recruitment early. He promised David Noel, a player known more for his football abilities than basketball abilities, a scholarship in the future. Noel turned out to be a valuable contributor during his stay at Chapel Hill making that a pretty good find. I think Doherty will do just fine recruiting for SMU. The only really big negative is the fact that some recruits might be a little hesitant to commit seeing that Doherty might be quick to bolt if a really big name school comes a knocking.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 04-24-2006 at 06:02 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote