View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 AM   #75
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Chum why is everyone that thinks letting Nash walk was a sound decision riding Cuban’s nuts? I remember driving to Ft. Worth a couple of years ago to watch our summer league team play China when I heard the news…Steve Nash had agreed to sign with PHX. Needless to say I was shocked that it happened so quickly. Then I heard the contract terms and my first thought was “I’d have let his ass go too”. This was before well before tthe blog and any disparaging comments about Bill Duffy. The player that I saw in 03-04 wasn’t worth that contract. You make decisions based on the available information…sometimes it doesn’t work out. You just hope that in the end you make more good decisions than bad. We’re coming of our most successful regular season in franchise history so I’d say the subsequent decisions have worked out ok.

As for setting the team back, I don’t see it. We had a better regular season and a better playoff run after he left. If anything set us back it was having a coach whose heart wasn’t in it but still showed up to work everyday to collect a paycheck. It’s no coincidence that the team improved when it had a coach that gave a damn.