View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 12:54 AM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm madder 'n a hornet about this. If it isn't Dirk, it's either Nash or LBJ. As much as I love Nash--and I don't think I have kept that any secret around these parts--and despite my lobbying for the game Canadian I have expected that the award would go to the big German. I do not believe it is going to Nash again, and I do believe it is going to LeBron James.

Why give it to James now, when Dirk had a better season and LeBron is probably a lock to win it at least six of the next ten years? If anyone doesn't think LBJ has several MVP's in him, I feel sorry for you.

All this does is annoint the future of the NBA at too young an age. They should have let LeBron mature a year, like a fine wine, and take over the league starting next season. When he starts averaging a triple-double, he will clearly stake his claim as the best player in the game, Kobe's theatrics aside.

But this year? This year it should have gone to Dirk. I can only hope that it goes to Nash, which would stave off the eight-in-ten that LeBron is destined to win for another day.

Last edited by chumdawg; 04-25-2006 at 12:55 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote