View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 AM   #77
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

chum, I fail to see what any of that has to do with why Steve Nash deserves MVP.

Did Cuban make the right move on that fateful day in July? It's looking like he didn't although Nash's deal isn't even to the point where it was half over so there is still time for Cuban to look okay on the deal. I'm willing to admit though that Cuban may have made the wrong move. At the same time, we tied for the most wins and franchise history and are one of the top contenders for the title so I think we are doing okay for ourselves.

Regardless, I still don't think Nash is an MVP in this league. I just don't. For some reason, every positive thing that happens to the Suns is something Nash did, while any negative thing that happens to the Suns is proof that Nash is MVP. Seriously, shouldn't Mike D'Antoni get some credit for boosting the scoring averages of his players? What about Shawn Marion who does everything for that team (scores, rebounds, blocked shots, you name it) and gets unnoticed. And I'm sorry but after watching Boris Diaw this year (and I've monitored his stats closely because he is on my fantasy team), but that dude can play. I don't think he was "created" by Nash, he was just badly poorly used by Atlanta. The reason he is being widely considered one of the Most Improved Players isn't just because he is scoring more, it's because he also rebounds and passes very well. That's not nash's doing - nash may be good, but he ain't that good. Not mention, Raja Bell had two very solid years in Utah before coming to Phoenix. He's not mincemeat either. So I don't think Phoenix's solid year is all Nash's doing, even though for some reason, Nash is the only one the media wants to give credit for the success of Phoenix.

Quote:
Try to recognize that Cuban set this franchise back at least one year and, now it looks like, several
Huh? I don't see necessarily how we are set back this year, when we could very well be poised to make a run for the championship. So you are giving up on this year already because of your Nash-love?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote