View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 AM   #83
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
By that metric, Nash could have NEVER won an MVP in Dallas. Never, as in: not EVER. And, or course, we both know that is true.

We both understand what is going on with MVP voting. But one of us (me) wants to say: hey, look at that Nash, he's so good that when he goes to another team he gets declared the most valuable player of the entire league! And another of us (you) wants to say: that Nash isn't that good a player, he wasn't even the best player on this team.

Point is--bottom line--Steve Nash is damn good. Damn good. We can argue all night about who is more valuable and all the rest, but the point remains that Nash is (rightfully) IN the argument. And he's a guy that Mark Cuban either could not afford or thought he was better off without. If that inspires you, all the devastating injuries that Nash may or may not withstand, like, tomorrow regardless--more power to you. Proudly buy your seat on the Mark Cuban alternative-reality bandwagon!

But if you realize that Steve Nash knows a little something about basketball, and can play a little basketball, at a very, very, very high level...then please...would you please...pretty please, with sugar on top...stop riding Cuban's jock for making such an egregious error?

I know, I know...trust me, I know. He wrote a blog entry afterward. He let you in to the innner workings of an NBA team you know and love. He showed you how he thought Nash was due to break down sooner rather than later. I know all that. I know it made you feel grateful as a fan. But please, if you please, try to retain a sense of objectivity.

Try to recongnize that Cuban was hoodwinked by an agent more clever than he. Try to recognize that Cuban set this franchise back at least one year and, now it looks like, several because of the way he was pwned in those contract negotiations.

Just try to recognize it for what it is.
Can you TRY to be more condescending?

First my opinion is "humorous". Now I need a "seat on the Mark Cuban alternative-reality bandwagon" and I'm "riding Cuban's jock". The biggest kicker is that I need to "retain a sense of objectivity".

I'm tearing your argument apart piece by piece and you are sadly resorting to personal attacks.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote