View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #48
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The odd thing is this.... What Madape said is probably true to an extent, but why did the same not apply to Nash last year? Dirk has traditionally been a strong playoff performer whereas Nash's numbers had traditionally dropped off once in the post season. Yet, he managed to win the award last year.

It's truly difficult to get a feel as to what goes on in the minds of some. I think much of it has to do with an anti Mavs bias in general. But, with AJ in here now and less public whining from Cuban, that'll slowly change.

Am I upset about Dirk not winning the MVP? No, not really. I truthfully believe that there were 1 or 2 guys that could also make a legit claim to the MVP award.
Nash won for the same reason that guys like Doc Rivers win coach of the year honors. Writers like guys that can take a team that is absolute crap and turn them into something great in one year's time. It's very easy to see the impact they player/coach has.

Both LeBron and Kobe were able to propel their teams to much greater heigths than the previous year with no real change in the team's makeup other than a massive improvements in each's own individual performances. Furthermore, it's clear that both are primarily responsible for their teams' success. That's why I think you'll see them ranked #1, #2 in the MVP vote. Nash might have a chance because of the Amare factor... but I'm thinking LeBron #1, Kobe #2, Dirk #3, Nash #4.

Last edited by madape; 04-25-2006 at 03:11 PM.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote