View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #120
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
What about Walton in '78 or Cowens in '73? For that matter, how do you compare Nash to Cousy in '57?
In 1978, Walton put up 18.9 ppg, 13.2 rpg, 5.0 apg, and 2.5 bpg. He had a PER of 24.8. His team had the best record in the West. I'll admit that Walton is also one of the weakest MVPs, but Nash and his PER of 22.0 last year and 23.2 this year are still weaker.

I guess I could give you Cowens, but he did post 20 ppg, 16 rpg, and 4+ apg, right? And his team won 68 games. At best, I'd call that a push for worst MVP ever.

Quote:
I think it's time that we open our eyes to the fact that we are witnessing the best point guard of the past ten years, and perhaps the next ten.
I think John Stockton, Gary Payton, Sam Cassell, and perhaps Jason Kidd would argue differently.

Look, I think he's a great player. I just have a different view of how he rates historically than you do, apparently.

BTW, as for the next 10 years, who knows? You might be right. We can take that up as we go along, I suppose.

Quote:
I understand that a lot of people are biased against the "little guys" in basketball, but you still have to recognize the greatness that we are witnessing.
I'm not. I really think he's a great player. I do think the Mavs are better off without him. I realize that opinions may differ on that subject. And I'm okay with that.