View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 12:18 AM   #161
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
As a Steve Nash-proponent, do you really want to bring defense into the equation? No, I didn't think so.

A cursory glance at the stats will reveal that Dirk had a FAR...FARRRRR superior statistical year when compared to Duncan.

And compared to Kobe? Well, Dirk's eFG%, TS%, FG%, FT%, etc. are all higher. Not to mentioned that his PER is higher...but shucks let's not talk about that. Perhaps you mistook my two criteria for one. Let me list them again for you, in no particular order:

(1) individual dominance
(2) winning team

Where is Kobe's team in the standings?

A cursory glance also reveals that Duncan has been a better all-around player than Dirk every season of their careers except maybe this year -- though Dirk still plays very little defense.

And throw all the numbers you want at me.. I still think Kobe is a far better player than Dirk is, on both sides of the floor.

And perhaps you mistook my criteria for your own.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote