View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 01:40 AM   #132
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I give you the task of finding another Marion and finding another Nash. Which task do you finish first?

I realize we are in circular argument here, but I, I for one, think it is clear that Nash can do it without Shawn Marion in specific. We can look at Diaw, for example. What role did he play in Atlanta, versus his role now?

Or we can look at Nash's former teams. Did he have Marion on his Mavericks teams? Well, no, he didn't. Did he quarterback the best offesne in the league? Well, yes, he did.

All Nash needs is a willing a GM. Don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole. Don't give him a slow-footed center. Don't give him perimeter players who can't hit the side of a barn. Basically, if you can beat those two criteria, you are good.

You see Marion and you laud Marion. But if Marion left tomorrow, Diaw could do that. Or someone else they would get could do that. I mean, c'mon on. What did anyone think James Jones would do? Or Raja Bell?

Steve Nash is by FAR the most underrated player on these boards. Not in basketball, by those who should know, though. Among those guys, he was awarded Most Valuable twice.

So keep on with the Marion talk. Trust me, I've heard it many, many times before.

Nice player, Marion. A lot better player playing alongside Steve Nash.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote