View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 01:54 AM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I realize we are in circular argument here, but I, I for one, think it is clear that Nash can do it without Shawn Marion in specific. We can look at Diaw, for example. What role did he play in Atlanta, versus his role now?
Wasn’t Marion an All-Star without Nash? Is it possible that Diaw in his 3rd year and in a system geared to his talents was going to make th leap anyway? I mentioned this before but Diaw as the 2nd best player (right behind dirk) at Eurobasket this summer…and he was on a team with Tony Parker. Be careful giving Nash all the credit for that kids development.

Quote:
Or we can look at Nash's former teams. Did he have Marion on his Mavericks teams? Well, no, he didn't. Did he quarterback the best offesne in the league? Well, yes, he did.
Did the team get better when he left…well yes, it did. Did his best offensive team stall in the playoff and get knocked out by a weak Kings team…well yes they did. And don’t give me the collection of ill fitting parts argument. if you’re going to take credit for the regular season take credit for what came after that.

Edit: It's probably better if I say that our offense has remained very efficient without Nash. The teams overall improvement is due to a number if factors, and some (like rebounding) have nothing to do with the PG position.

Quote:
You see Marion and you laud Marion. But if Marion left tomorrow, Diaw could do that. Or someone else they would get could do that. I mean, c'mon on. What did anyone think James Jones would do? Or Raja Bell?
Like hell he could. Marion is a physical freak. What have you seen from Diaw that leads you to believe that he could rebound and block shot like Marion? He’s good at what he does but he doesn’t have the athleticism to fill Marion's role. Few do as he’s one of, if not the, quickest leapers in the league.

Quote:
Steve Nash is by FAR the most underrated player on these boards. Not in basketball, by those who should know, though. Among those guys, he was awarded Most Valuable twice.
Maybe, maybe not but you severely underrate Marion. He’s one of the more unique players in the league and he’s just as essential to what they do as Nash is.

Again, we’re seeing it in this series.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-29-2006 at 02:21 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote