View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #159
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
I don't know if that is fair. That is saying only Dallas and San Antonio are the legit contenders in the West - which can make sense as they are the only 60+. However, in that sense, it's kind of pointless to talk about a lack of legit contenders when they are only two who qualify. Personally, I would call Dallas and SA the best contenders but I would also disqualify the Clippers as being legit contenders, as a distant 3rd.

If LA can topple Phoenix and the Clippers, all without HCA, I think that also makes them a legit contender. It's not easy to bet against PhilJax in the playoffs.
To make it sound more fair for you, I'll add this:

Unless God strikes down Dirk Nowitzki or Tim Duncan, the Mavs and Spurs are the only legit contenders.

Did I make it fair enough for you?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote